Sunday, February 14, 2010

It has been a weekend of transition. Except for Andy, an OR nurse, everyone that was here when I arrived has gone home. There are 4 others here that came after me and are leaving in a few days. We had a great crew including another anesthesiologist, a nurse anesthetist, 3 orthopaedic surgeons, an ER doc, infectious disease, pediatrician, pharmacists, and some awesome nurses and probably someone I forgot. It seems oddly quiet without them. The comraderie we developed in a short time was amazing. The synergies of information and energy were palpable. I am really going to miss them. A few new people arrived, and there are more on their way. By Tuesday, I am expecting to have another full house of 18-22. I am being a logistics coordinator of planes, people and stuff. Need to get from the Dominican Republic to Haiti? I can probably arrange it!

No comments:

Post a Comment