Friday, May 21, 2010




Our clinics are done; we are on the bus on the way back to the Stensaas's houses.

We saw about 1000 patients in total this week. It was an incredible experience. I was basically a primary care provider this week, which in one way is very different from what I normally do. On the other hand I was able to draw on the rich experiences I have had caring for patients for surgery both in evaluating them prior to surgery and working with surgeons in many circumstances. I had lots of pediatric patients this week and was grateful for all of my pediatric experience.




Breaking down the clinic after all of the patients had been served.



Driving through the village of Ruti, our supply truck is up ahead (Marc spent a lot of time in that truck!)


Team bus departing the site.



A woman and child served by the clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment