Friday, May 21, 2010




I saw many patients today that I won't forget. A woman that I think has a serious heart valve problem, a teenager who probably has a hole in her heart. A four year old with HIV being cared for by another woman because her mother died, a twelve year old with seizures whose family can't afford to buy her seizure medications. I could buy her a year's worth for less than $30, and I probably will. A mother with five children, ages 1-8, I checked all of them.











Pictures:
- Liz with a family she consulted with
- a patient named "James" (not his native name) with severe head growths. While we could not treat him at the clinic, the ORH team is trying to find a way to help him.
- Liz consulting with a patient
- Liz with the head nurse, Christy, a Ugandan translator, and a nurse, Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment