Thursday, April 28, 2011

Returning to Haiti

Marc and I are getting ready to leave for a medical mission trip to Port-au-prince, Haiti. We are going with the LEAP foundation. This is primarily a plastic surgery foundation that goes to many places around the world. They were in Haiti for months after the earthquake. They mostly take care of children with cleft lip and palates. This trip is primarily an exploratory trip to see if there are ongoing needs of the kind that LEAP usually takes care of. We will be doing some pediatric cleft and urology surgeries. I've been wanting to return to Haiti since I came home last year, but things kept preventing me from doing so. I am exciting and a bit anxious at the same time. I don't expect that things are much better than I last saw them. In fact, they may be worse because I wasn't in Port-au-Prince before.

I will post here as long as I can get internet access. At a minimum, I should be able to send text messages.

Thanks to so many for your love, support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment